Virtual Lounge

In The News

Business and Finance related news and trends 

As you girls suffer during the pandemic, billionaires are cashing in!

I read this article, and i think we all need a to change our mindset! Especially us girls! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pandemic-benefited-one-group-people-204834926.html

As we cry down here of Biden's Tax plan and whether it is meant to benefit the poor or not, billionaires are becoming even wealthier! 

Jeff Bezos is now $73 billion wealthier now compared to the same period last year!! How come? How is this even possible? 

The pandemic has benefited some directly. For instance, Amazon was one of the…

Read more

I read this article, and i think we all need a to change our mindset! Especially us girls! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pandemic-benefited-one-group-people-204834926.html

As we cry down here of Biden's Tax plan and whether it is meant to benefit the poor or not, billionaires are becoming even wealthier! 

Jeff Bezos is now $73 billion wealthier now compared to the same period last year!! How come? How is this even possible? 

The pandemic has benefited some directly. For instance, Amazon was one of the few US businesses that grew tenfold when the pandemic hit. Since we were all locked up at home and avoided the physical shops. 

Online based businesses and social media platforms like Google, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Tesla, Microsoft, Samsung boomed during the peak of the pandemic therefore contributing more to the respective founders, who are, guess what, billionaires!

Time for a reality check and change of tacts!

Read less

Robert Smith: From paying the student loan to tax fraud!

This news caught my attention! Truly, the rich also cry!

Robert Smith is the billionaire who was trending last year for paying his long-pending student loan at Morehouse College.

He confessed to fraudulent systems for concealing revenue and evading tax by using offshore trusts and bank accounts for over 15 years!

He is again in trouble as the DOJ reported that Robert entered into a non-prosecution deal, in which he acknowledged his role in the scheme and agreed to comply with the continuing investi…

Read more

This news caught my attention! Truly, the rich also cry!

Robert Smith is the billionaire who was trending last year for paying his long-pending student loan at Morehouse College.

He confessed to fraudulent systems for concealing revenue and evading tax by using offshore trusts and bank accounts for over 15 years!

He is again in trouble as the DOJ reported that Robert entered into a non-prosecution deal, in which he acknowledged his role in the scheme and agreed to comply with the continuing investigation. 

He has incurred $139 million in fines and has instead decided to abandon $182 million in charitable donations. 

Ohh...boy! We all have problems with different magnitudes. 

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/521389-billionaire-who-said-he-would-pay-off-morehouse-student-debt-admits-to-tax?amp=&__twitter_impression=true

Read less